In the midst of moving, I was surprised and delighted to open my computer to find that Lauren Elizabeth (also known as the ever-fabulous American Duchess) had awarded me the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award!”
I’m exceptionally flattered, especially since I began this blog with the intention of inspiring and motivating others (and quite often, myself. Because laziness.)
The award demands that you:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.
The Factual Seven:
1. I have been known to walk into an antique store, instantly fall in love with something, then inexplicably wander around the store for two hours debating whether to buy that “special something” or not. I usually don’t. Then I panic and drive back the next day hoping it’s still there.
2. My favorite color is green. Except when my favorite color is orange or maybe wine…
3. I love gummy bears on my ice cream.
4. Sometimes, I buy shoes I never will wear.
5. I got married on March 24th and am the middle of moving into a new apartment.
6. Three hours without a snack is too long.
7. My favorite activity out on the town is going to old-fashioned token arcades. I could spend hours (and waaay too much money) playing Smokin’ Token or Token Twister. And I always spend the tickets I earn on candy.
The Award Nominees:
Madame Isis’ Toilette Making cosmetics from historical recipes
Locks of Elegance Easy Historical Hairstyles
The Thread-Headed Snippet Historical and vintage fashion with a sense of humor
Historical Sewing Excellent historical sewing and reenacting advice
All The Pretty Dresses Extant gowns found outside of museums
Tea-Drunk Tailor Costuming isn’t just for girls, even if you are a girl! ;)
Opusanglicanum History, cats, and amazing textile projects
Tea in a Teacup 18th century, Jane Austen, and more
Madame de Pique Art, beauty, and unusual history
The Laced Angel Fabulous underpinnings and other historical costuming projects